YPOPs!/Windows 0.9.6 Alpha 1

Discussion forum for YPOPs!/Windows.

Re: YPOPs!/Windows 0.9.6 Alpha 1

Postby kliss2@yahoo.com on April 22nd, 2008, 7:17 pm

bzt43t wrote:So this is what I am now doing, because I am so tired of Yahoo! screwing with something, and then the programmers at YPOPs have to figure out what Yahoo! did, so that they can make YPOPs work again. This is the third time that YPOPs has quit working for me in the past years.

I just created a gmail account, because gmail has free POP3 access, and I won't have to keep trying to keep up with the latest YPOPs software changes caused from the latest Yahoo! changes. I'm curious if anyone else has done this, or has considered doing this?

I created a few new gmail account a week or so ago, and I don't see any reasons as to why not continue using gmail accounts, instead of Yahoo! accounts. I belong to over a dozen Yahoo! groups, and I just changed the email address in my Yahoo! Groups, so that all my Yahoo! Group emails go to my gmail account.

Because I use Yahoo! groups, I won't ever be able to completely get rid of my Yahoo! email accounts, but if I stop using them for important email correspondence, I won't have to worry about checking those old Yahoo! accounts as often anymore online. So what does everyone here think?

Best Regards,

Robert

This is no reflection on the YPOP providers. They are doing a wonderful job trying to keep ahead of Yahoo mail. And they are doing this of their own good will with limited resources. But yes, in trying to avoid the yahoo fees you will have some pain occasionally.

However bzt43t is just proposing jumping from one service to another free service. Think about this. Yahoo at one time had free pop3 mail too. Perhaps gmail will eventually change their free pop3 mail to an optional service also. Then you will have gone through the trouble of changing all your email addresses and web site signons just to have to do it again (or hope that ypops would be modified to handle gmail too).

You might change some of your email over and solve a temporary problem, but as long as you are using a free email service, you will not know what the future holds. Once you become invested in using a free email account, it takes a lot of effort to change over to a new one. If you have used your email address
as user id's at web sites, you will indeed have a lot of work to do.

Be thankful for the efforts here at ypopsemail.

kliss2@yahoo.com
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby grumpi on April 23rd, 2008, 6:15 am

my classic interface - http://us.f542.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login? ... c1d4o4dthr
other - http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch

i had 9.5.1 installed and it quit working. moved to 9.6alpha and after some fiddling it worked to recieve and send, at first.
later i noticed some messages get deleted off the yahoo server some do not, the ones that dont tend to get received into my outlook inbox multiple times. the number can be anywhere from 3 -20+.. doesnt seem to be rhyme or reason. i did notice that when i signed into my yahoo account using my cell phone that ypops had issues and i did have to refiddle with things (fiddle as in uninstall reinstall, resetup settings, switch from classic to new to classic). currently i'll go back to 9.5.1 and see if it works but these issues all happened in the last few days, otherwise i've used ypops 9.5.1 for the last 6 months with no issues. Thanks

p.s. log file is here
grumpi
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby stev_velvet on April 23rd, 2008, 2:46 pm

All:
Please bear in mind this is ALPHA code, not BETA or PRODUCTION ;
stev_velvet
YPOPs! Veteran
YPOPs! Veteran

Postby go94022 on April 29th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Have not been able to download from "new" classic account for a couple of weeks, just noticed this download. Still had trouble with classic, but going to new UI worked fine for downloading.

However, messages downloaded from the new UI are missing some of the old headers. In particular, I would like to see (bold added):
X-Apparently-To: xxxxx@yahoo.com via 206.190.38.234; Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:52:33 -0700

I have more than one Yahoo account and I'm using Outlook rules to sort mail from multiple accounts into different folders.
go94022
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby The Scyphozoa on April 29th, 2008, 7:18 pm

I'm using YPOPs! 0.9.6 Alpha 1 with Thunderbird, and I can receive email, but not send it, just like before. :(
The Scyphozoa
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby freetexas on May 2nd, 2008, 6:29 am

First off, thanks to all who are working on this. My 0.9.5 stopped receiving this week (using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 and XP pro), so I thought I'd try your new alpha of 0.9.6. It worked pretty well! I could send and receive. There's only one little issue at the moment: the send/receive status box won't go away. It runs normally, then seems to want to run again and hangs. Clicking cancel only turns the box blank, but it doesn't go away. Then when the next cycle hits, I get a second box which works normally, then does the same thing. Rebooting is the only way to get rid of it.

Even so, it mostly works fine, and I know this is an alpha, so it looks like you're way ahead so far!

Thanks again,

SS
freetexas
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby hople on May 5th, 2008, 12:08 am

I can't seem to use YPOPs! with my Outlook 2003 anymore :(

I've got "Yahoo Bad Request error" when checking email in my Outlook. No new mail got downloaded.

Please see my attached ypops.log

Thanks,
-Hop
Attachments
ypops.log
(111.39 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
hople
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby McLovn on May 5th, 2008, 10:22 am

Is there anyway to get the "BULK" folder name back. I haven't been able to download any email from yahoo, and I believe it's because they changed the "BULK" folder name to "SPAM"....anyone hear of this as well?
Thanks, and if there's a way to change it inside YPOP's that'd be killer....
M
McLovn
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby stev_velvet on May 5th, 2008, 4:32 pm

McLovn wrote:Is there anyway to get the "BULK" folder name back. I haven't been able to download any email from yahoo, and I believe it's because they changed the "BULK" folder name to "SPAM"....anyone hear of this as well?
Thanks, and if there's a way to change it inside YPOP's that'd be killer....
M

As part of Yahoo Mail classic - new version changes, Bulk is now Spam . You under the old verison if your server has a prefix of f, e.g. us.fxxx.mail.yahoo.com, the one usuall has us.mcxxxx (or in, uk.mcxxx) etc.
stev_velvet
YPOPs! Veteran
YPOPs! Veteran

Postby Danfree on May 8th, 2008, 7:49 pm

It appears that maybe if I change from Outlook Express to Thunderbird I will probably be able to download my emails which is all I want to do right now.

IS THIS A CORRECT ASSUMPTION?
Danfree
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby Danfree on May 9th, 2008, 3:14 pm

FORGET THE ABOVE POST, IT DID NOT WORK.

http://us.mc510.mail.yahoo.com/

The my email account on the above email server will not work at all.

http://us.f373.mail.yahoo.com/

The my other email account on the above email server will allow me to download 20 to 50 emails (down from 200 at a time) at a time using Outlook Express 6. It did not work when I tried it with Thunderbird.
Danfree
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby pourshoja on May 11th, 2008, 2:34 am

First i thank you for building your Magic tool, today i have a new problem when i try sending messages, in logfiles there are this lines:

[05/11/08 13:45:24] Unable to send email to "AAA" <aaa@yahoo.com>. Could not analyze compose page (YY= not found)
[05/11/08 13:45:24] Page has been dumped to 'C:\Program Files\YPOPs/AAA.compose.html' for analysis
[05/11/08 13:45:24] SMTP response sent: 554 Mailbox unavailable.
[05/11/08 13:45:24] Message not sent

and when i see the other html files in Program Files\Ypops, like :

AAA.compose.html

this files contain an error page from yahoo that indicates your url in not found and you must try from yahoo home page,
is that possible Yahoo has changed the *Compose* url? and if the response is postive, is that possible to configure compose url format for the next yahoo's change url in the application?

Best Regard & Thank you again
Pourshoja
pourshoja
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby stev_velvet on May 11th, 2008, 11:33 am

pourshoja wrote:First i thank you for building your Magic tool, today i have a new problem when i try sending messages, in logfiles there are this lines:

[05/11/08 13:45:24] Unable to send email to "AAA" <aaa@yahoo.com>. Could not analyze compose page (YY= not found)
[05/11/08 13:45:24] Page has been dumped to 'C:\Program Files\YPOPs/AAA.compose.html' for analysis
[05/11/08 13:45:24] SMTP response sent: 554 Mailbox unavailable.
[05/11/08 13:45:24] Message not sent

and when i see the other html files in Program Files\Ypops, like :

AAA.compose.html

this files contain an error page from yahoo that indicates your url in not found and you must try from yahoo home page,
is that possible Yahoo has changed the *Compose* url? and if the response is postive, is that possible to configure compose url format for the next yahoo's change url in the application?

Best Regard & Thank you again
Pourshoja

Try changing Interface (you can change back) to All-New Mail \ Classic, etc.
stev_velvet
YPOPs! Veteran
YPOPs! Veteran

Postby pourshoja on May 11th, 2008, 11:10 pm

Thank you stev_velvet

It works normal now, but the first time there is an error and the next time it sends emails.
pourshoja
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby enrgy21.com on May 12th, 2008, 6:22 pm

I was having problems with 9.5.1. not allowing one of my 5+ yahoo accounts to send and receive messages, so I tried Windows 0.9.6 Alpha 1 for about 3 weeks.
The first day, the problem seem to go away. Then, it reappeared, forcing me to open Yahoo direct and switching back to the regular mail interface and then back again (or logging out and in) to the new one in order for YPOPs to work properly for that account. Spending at least 5 hours a day online, had to do this at least 2 dozen times a day to make sure I received all messages; and lately, even that wasn't working. Even though it was only one account (the rest worked fine most of the time), I've returned to 9.5.1. and so far no problems. I wonder if it has something to do with Yahoo settling into a stable code (or something) in the new mail interface.
Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Enrgy21.com
enrgy21.com
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to YPOPs!/Windows