YPOPs! Is No Longer Needed!

Discussion forum for YPOPs!/Windows.

Re: YPOPs! Is No Longer Needed!

Postby andytampa on August 2nd, 2009, 9:19 am

But that doesn't really help those of use who already have accounts on the blocked servers. It's still good information to know if you want to create a new account.

We still need a fix though.

AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby doonboggle on August 2nd, 2009, 9:38 am

AGREE!
At least 3 of my 4 accounts I can now use Ypops for .. minus the 'Save' in Yahoo server option unfortunately; which is an important issue with me.

andytampa wrote:But that doesn't really help those of use who already have accounts on the blocked servers. It's still good information to know if you want to create a new account.

We still need a fix though.
doonboggle
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby sam on August 7th, 2009, 8:13 am

Guys, this information was very handy in my situation. I can't find a better way to say how grateful i was and is, when i came across this forum. I had been trying to get a way to make a couple of yahoo US emails to work and this was a wonderful leak to enable one to make his emails to support pop. Keep the forum glowing with new discoveries. I will surely be a frequent visitor to this forum.
sam
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby techie on August 11th, 2009, 7:40 am

7carisfast wrote:Now it says sending of password not received. Are you still set up in Yahoo Asia or are you doing the yahoo direct option?

Exactly....i guessed..it doesn't work with Thunderbird..but its even not working with MS outlook...even after an hour...send/recieve status is 0%....and this status showed up...have a look at the screenshot
Attachments
MS outlook.JPG
MS outlook.JPG (104.08 KiB) Viewed 12338 times
techie
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby EmailOverload on September 21st, 2009, 4:03 pm

Hi All,

I am new to YPOPs. This sounds like a great solution if it still works I would like to use it but these basic steps quoted below no longer work for the new yahoo site. Anyone know where I can find preferred content to change to Asia?

Thanks,
EmailOverload

gfmpop wrote:basic steps for all:

Sign in at the main (not mail) Yahoo page (http://www.yahoo.com)
On the top right, where it says "Hi <yourname>", click on <yourname>
Enter the requested password
Edit "Member Information" (first choice)
Select "Preferred Content", and change it to "Yahoo Asia"
Click Finished and Accept the Terms
Select Finished again
Sign Out
EmailOverload
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby andytampa on September 22nd, 2009, 2:09 am

It's really nice to come along and provide useful information, but unfortunately, providing only half of it could lead to more questions. You've copied the info from somewhere else in this forum, but you didn't copy the fact that it won't work for everybody. It won't work on newer Yahoo accounts.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby blazinbear82 on September 23rd, 2009, 1:09 am

Yeah I agree this no longer works for new accounts... This month of September although i was able to do this about a month ago in an older account.
blazinbear82
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby alexforsale on January 12th, 2010, 8:43 am

It works for my account! BTW I have my yahoo account since 26/12/2000, I guess ypops is no longer needed :D But thanks anyway for all those years YPOPS!
alexforsale
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby qcat on February 10th, 2010, 11:37 am

Hello - and HELP!!

I was able to switch to Yahoo! Asia successfully. However I cannot find the POP forwarding. I click on the mail option on the top right and then the mail option again. I have gone through all the side bar options, "general" being the most obvious (or maybe it is not). There is no radio dial at least in my experience for the POP forwarding - am I missing something???
I am in the new and improve Y! mail version not classic - if that makes a difference. My time zone is India my address is Singapore. HELP??!?!?!?!?
qcat
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby voidfire on February 19th, 2010, 7:16 pm

i wonder if YPOPs is no longer needed... in the case of Mr./Mrs. qcat , i guess your account is somewhat new. As far as i know, yahoo account that is created in these recent years, you won't find the pop/forwarder menu, even you switch to Asia! or change the country.
CMIIW.

I also don't know how i can pop my new yahoo account.... i made it in 2010, but i can't pop to anywhere, so i hope YPOPs can give us something remarkable.

At last, sorry for my bad english. :D
voidfire
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby philipt95148 on April 8th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Like many in this forum, I spent 2 frustrating days trying to configure YPops to no avail. I read everything on the net and the threads here and tried to change port, IP address, SSL, numbers etc. but always get the error codes. Then my attention switched to Yahoo Asia as a fix and again like many here, could not do it from my yahoo us site because the function is blocked or removed, there is an upgrade choice but I don't want to do that.
I nearly gave up and then as a last resort, I went to my wife's laptop which is newer and runs Windows 7 Home premium and there it is, I can switch to Yahoo Asia! Not sure why it is this way but I could not do it on my XP Pro laptop.
By the time I walked back to my office where my laptop is, Yahoo mail is already delivered :)
So I hope this helps out someone. You can beg, borrow a Windows 7 machine and try it.
Warning: before you do switch to Yahoo Asia, make sure you have another email (like gmail) to reset your yahoo userid password as I found that Yahoo Asia did not accept my current password even though I used the same ID. You can reset the password to the same but you need to receive the password reset email in another email in order to do it.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to leave my message on Yahoo mail "unread". As soon as I see the mail in Outlook, the message is mark as "read" in the yahoo inbox. Small details but I want to leave it unread in Yahoo, just like Gmail.
Does anyone have any idea?

thanks
philipt95148
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby Menauhant on June 17th, 2010, 8:42 am

One very important thing that I did not see mentioned is that for this to work you need to absolutely go into your Yahoo email settings and tick the box to allow your mail account to be popped. If you don't this will not work no matter what you do.

I wasted four hours before I discovered this

I did the Asia thing and once I ticked the ok to pop my account my inbox was sent to my outlook 2007.

Thank you. :D
Menauhant
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby andytampa on June 22nd, 2010, 7:58 pm

Of my three accounts, two of them are working fine and there was no option to "pop" the accounts. The third one can't even be setup for pop, so there isn't an option to "pop" the account, unless you're paying $10/month already. Maybe you could explain how you're getting to that setting.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby Menauhant on June 23rd, 2010, 1:19 pm

How did you get your first two to work? What are the differences between your first two accounts that work and the one the does not work? Are you signed onto Yahoo Asia? Are you using Yahoo Classic?

If you are using Yahoo Classic and signed into Yahoo Asia just go to OPTIONS select MAIL OPTIONS This brings to a new page and there is a menu on the left. Select POP and FORWARDING. Once you do all of this it should work.

As an update to my previous post after having it work as a POP my Outlook had issues and kept asking me to enter my password for the Yahoo server. This was in spite of me having set up to be remembered. No matter how many times I clicked on the connect menu with my password it did not work. My workaround to this was just to go back to my options page uncheck POP and Check Forwarding and enter my email address that I wanted my mail to go to.

Results all my Yahoo mail comes to Outlook, I also have my Gmail and mail from my website forwarded to my Outllook. This allows me to go to one program for all my mail.

Hope this helps somebody! :D
Menauhant
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby andytampa on June 23rd, 2010, 8:22 pm

Which brings us back to what we have been saying. Older accounts, accounts that have been with Yahoo work with this work-around. The difference between my accounts is that the newest account was created on a server that will not get the POP & Forwarding option in the mail options.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to YPOPs!/Windows