YPOPs And Windows 7?

Discussion forum for YPOPs!/Windows.

YPOPs And Windows 7?

Postby LoganWorks on February 10th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Trying to get YPOPs working with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. I've tried changing ports, adding Yahoo to the IE trusted sites list, and everything else i can think of. Anyone have a clue about what to do? Read through the faq, nothing useful.

LoganWorks
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: YPOPs And Windows 7?

Postby tonyt on March 5th, 2010, 12:32 am

I spent way to much time to get this.. you wouldnt believe it but it works perfect!

http://www.khimhoe.net/2009/06/20/how-to-enable-pop3-in-yahoo-mail/
tonyt
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby User1 on May 19th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Hello all,

I can't seem to get this working with YPOPS + FireFox 3.5.9 and Win 7 completely up to date. I've tried several suggestions INCLUDING the link above, and nothing. First of all the procedure above doesn't really fit with the version of yahoo mail being used, but I saw what was being directed. The other procedures I used were the steps here,
http://www.khimhoe.net/2009/06/20/how-to-enable-pop3-in-yahoo-mail/ and a real generic one that was very similar to the khimhoe link, but using the default ports. I tried it so many times and ways that I was able to config and get working a gmail account I never really used. It downloaded 71,143 emails the first time and with no hang ups! One thing I can provide possibly is that I ran TCPview and it showed that

Process_______protocol___local address___remote address__state
ypops.exe:6116 TCP iX-PC:sunrpc iX-PC:0 LISTENING

I'm ready to give up on yahoo and move to gmail, but it would be nice to have both while I do it. :) Any ideas on getting this to work?
User1
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby User1 on May 19th, 2010, 1:15 pm

My apologies, I posted the wrong link for the main site I followed, it was this one here,
http://opensourcearticles.com/thunderbird_15/english/part_10 Also I'm using Thunderbird for my email client, It's the latest version.
User1
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby hotstreak07 on May 24th, 2010, 8:24 pm

tonyt's suggestion really works. i got it to work. when doing it make sure when you change you region to Asia that you reload you mail afterward or it wont take affect. then once you reload go to your POP/forwarding options and they will be open to allow POP and Forwarding. awesome isn't it. make sure you do everything right. ask if you're having problems. this way is the easiest i think because it doesn't require you to download anything or anything like that.
hotstreak07
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby DavidDavy on June 18th, 2010, 2:41 am

User1 wrote:Hello all,

I can't seem to get this working with YPOPS + FireFox 3.5.9 and Win 7 completely up to date. I've tried several suggestions INCLUDING the link above, and nothing. First of all the procedure above doesn't really fit with the version of yahoo mail being used, but I saw what was being directed. The other procedures I used were the steps here,
http://www.khimhoe.net/2009/06/20/how-to-enable-pop3-in-yahoo-mail/ and a real generic one that was very similar to the khimhoe link, but using the default ports. I tried it so many times and ways that I was able to config and get working a gmail account I never really used. It downloaded 71,143 emails the first time and with no hang ups! One thing I can provide possibly is that I ran TCPview and it showed that

Process_______protocol___local address___remote address__state
ypops.exe:6116 TCP iX-PC:sunrpc iX-PC:0 LISTENING

I'm ready to give up on yahoo and move to gmail, but it would be nice to have both while I do it. :) Any ideas on getting this to work?

Yes, I totally agree with you. I was really up set with Yahoo :evil: It took me a lot of time to even open an email :shock: :| . And then, I thought: " why shouldn't I use Gmail?". Yes, now I'm satisfy with Gmail. I'll use Gmail from now on. Thanks
DavidDavy
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Return to YPOPs!/Windows