YPOPs! 0.9.5.14 has been released!

Discussion forum for YPOPs!/Windows.

Re: YPOPs! 0.9.5.14 has been released!

Postby expo357 on February 28th, 2009, 11:31 am

Hello everybody!

Just making an apportation to see if it can be of any help. I am currently using:

Mail Client: Outlook 2007
AV: Avast!

Tried first v0.9.5.14, and couldn't send/receive any mail. Funny thing though, when I went to Tools->Account Settings and went to the configuration for my Yahoo mail account, when I press the Test Account Settings... button I got the following:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): OK
Send test e-mail message: Task 'user@yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR message 1 could not be downloaded'

Doing a full send/receive mail gives the following message:

Task 'user@yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR message 1 could not be downloaded'

So I uninstalled v0.9.5.14 and installed v0.9.5.11, and got the following message when doing a full send/receive:

Task 'user@yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR message 1 could not be downloaded'

Finally, uninstalling v0.9.5.11 and installing v0.9.5.9 gave me the following message when doing a full send/receive:

Task 'user@yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Here are the log files for the send/receive I did on the 3 versions:

v0.9.5.14.log
YPops v0.9.5.14 log file
(81.25 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

v0.9.5.11.log
YPops v0.9.5.11 log file
(61.99 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

v0.9.5.9.log
YPops v0.9.5.9 log file
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 758 times

BTW, on every full send/receive I made, I was never sending any email just trying to retrieve mail from my Yahoo account. That is why you may have noticed that there are no error messages for mail sending, only for receiving it (except for the Test Account Settings try-out in which Outlook 2007 automatically sends a test message).

Hope this information can be of any help!

Last edited by expo357 on March 3rd, 2009, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
expo357
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby Steve12 on March 2nd, 2009, 1:09 pm

I've been lurking, waiting patiently for a fix. My YPOPs has worked since Jan. 29th. I using Outlook XP and was running YPOPs 0.9.5.9 when it broke and tried 0.9.5.14 with the same result.

When I test the account settings I get "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work? Is it a MS update that caused this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Steve12
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: YPOPs! 0.9.5.14

Postby gheTavern on March 7th, 2009, 11:58 am

I noticed I was not getting yahoo email. I found out ypops was no longer starting so I stated it up. Now i get a messge :

"The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server localhost responded: message 1 could not be downloaded"

Any ideas?" I think I changed my password correctly awile back since it seems to logon.

Thx in advance for any help.
gheTavern
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby andytampa on March 7th, 2009, 4:23 pm

chrisretusn wrote:
jedakay wrote:I'm not the only one on this site with the problem; it just did it again while I was trying to read your post. The problem is only on this site and happens also using IE7. Explain "no script add-on" please. Are you talking about Java Script?

We should take this discussion to a new thread. :wink:

NoScript is a Firefox add-on. I also use Adblock Plus

I have been navigating this site since yesterday with all of my extensions disabled and am not experiencing any problems.

I started a thread about this problem of the forum redirecting to ad sites and loading attackware. That thread is now gone. When you change pages, you can see all the pages and cookies loading in the status bar. You can also hear all the clicks as if I'm hitting links when I'm not. You can see that the page is still loading long after you've been able to see it. I usually hit the stop icon when I can remember too, but sometimes I'm just not fast enough. The fact that my thread disappeared leads me to believe that it's by design, or some nefarious individual has control of the forum who shouldn't.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby chrisretusn on March 7th, 2009, 9:48 pm

andytampa wrote:I started a thread about this problem of the forum redirecting to ad sites and loading attackware. That thread is now gone. When you change pages, you can see all the pages and cookies loading in the status bar. You can also hear all the clicks as if I'm hitting links when I'm not. You can see that the page is still loading long after you've been able to see it. I usually hit the stop icon when I can remember too, but sometimes I'm just not fast enough. The fact that my thread disappeared leads me to believe that it's by design, or some nefarious individual has control of the forum who shouldn't.

I started a new thread HERE
Chris
chrisretusn
YPOPs! Veteran
YPOPs! Veteran

Postby Steve12 on March 9th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Steve12 wrote:I've been lurking, waiting patiently for a fix. My YPOPs has worked since Jan. 29th. I using Outlook XP and was running YPOPs 0.9.5.9 when it broke and tried 0.9.5.14 with the same result.

When I test the account settings I get "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work? Is it a MS update that caused this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I don't know that I did anything I've received some of my Yahoo email to my Outlook but there's several that didn't download including all from today. Sending from Outlook doesn't seem to work.
Steve12
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: can somebody help please .

Postby andytampa on September 25th, 2009, 2:10 am

verse wrote:I like Facebook, but I hate that their notes section isn't as appealing as MySpace's blogs. I've recently transferred a blog from MySpace to Facebook using the "share" icon located beneath each blog. However, I do not like the way it appears on my Facebook page. Are there any better ways to import my blogs?

Are you an idiot? What in this thread make you think any one of us are discussing myspace and facebook here. Unless you're a spammner, in which case you're an a$$h01e for posting non-relevant crap in random forum threads to increase your backlinks.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby jedakay on October 12th, 2009, 7:43 pm

You posted your question in the wrong forum. This forum is specifically for questions regarding the use of YPOPS and any fixes for it.
It's bad luck to be superstitious!
jedakay
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby andytampa on October 13th, 2009, 7:12 pm

jedakay wrote:You posted your question in the wrong forum. This forum is specifically for questions regarding the use of YPOPS and any fixes for it.

He didn't post it in the wrong forum. He's a spammer making random posts to increase his backlinks for his websites.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Re: Profile

Postby andytampa on November 25th, 2009, 3:34 pm

bukinec wrote:Hi.
What should I do to upload avatar in my profile?
Thanks.

Click User Control Panel above > Click Profile tab > Click Edit Avatar and upload it there.

You should probably have posted this in another thread or started your own.
AndyTampa
===========
andytampa
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Postby drasic on October 27th, 2010, 5:35 pm

How do I get this thing to work with my Yahoo! e-mail? I have Outlook in my MS Office package but, its asking for my server. What am I doing/not doing wrong? What's wrong with me?
drasic
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Previous

Return to YPOPs!/Windows