where to upload my compiled binary for Mac OS X?

Discussion Forum for YPOPs!/Mac.

New compmilation works great.

Postby tank on November 1st, 2004, 11:52 am

Thanks q3q, I finally got it to work. I installed Fink, Curl, Openssl, and libxml. I may not have had to install anything but libxml(I don't know). But after doing that, I ran your Installer Script and then your launch script and setup my mail client and it worked!(your new shell scripts worked perfectly) I think you can start it automatically each time you login by going to System Preferences, Accounts, Startup Items, Click the + sign and browse to your launch script. You can even check a box to hide it. I have not done this yet but I assume it will work.

I should have your new compilation posted by Wednesday at

http://www.freewebtown.com/tankfiles/ya ... 103104.zip

tank
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: New compmilation works great.

Postby Q3Q on November 1st, 2004, 9:23 pm

tank wrote:Thanks q3q, I finally got it to work. I installed Fink, Curl, Openssl, and libxml. I may not have had to install anything but libxml(I don't know). But after doing that, I ran your Installer Script and then your launch script and setup my mail client and it worked!(your new shell scripts worked perfectly) I think you can start it automatically each time you login by going to System Preferences, Accounts, Startup Items, Click the + sign and browse to your launch script. You can even check a box to hide it. I have not done this yet but I assume it will work.

I should have your new compilation posted by Wednesday at

http://www.freewebtown.com/tankfiles/ya ... 103104.zip

tank,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it works. The 'known problems' listed in my readme file are minor problems. Most of them belong to some bugs of ypops itself, nothing related to Mac side. It may need us to intervene occasionally (e.g., deleting read mails manually in yahoo web page, deleting duplicate mails in your Mac mail client sometimes, re-launching rarely crashed ypops, manually skipping/deleting some trouble-making mails which cause ypops to crash.....). Yet, I would say it is darn-good for now.
Q3Q
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

where to upload my compiled binary for Mac OS X?

Postby tank on November 2nd, 2004, 9:54 am

Q3Q, I agree, it IS good. I may have to start using Yahoo! as my primary email now! Thanks for all your help. Maybe someone would want to volunteer to make it into a full blown OSX installable application now? That would be great. But for now I have Ypops! on my Mac at home and my PC at work.
tank
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby edmoncu on November 23rd, 2004, 6:24 pm

hi. i was wondering if this'll work under jaguar? (osx 10.2.8)? thanks.
edmoncu
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Manual first time use

Postby okcool on August 30th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Help with this message???

Last login: Wed Aug 30 16:23:08 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
jan-russells-computer:~ janrussell$ /usr/local/bin/ypops
jan-russells-computer:~ janrussell$ dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libxml.1.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ypops.bin
Reason: image not found

What Library?
okcool
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Previous

Return to YPOPs!/Mac