What next?

Discussion Forum for the YPOPs! Developers Community.

add headers ! ! !

Postby ax9 on November 24th, 2005, 12:57 am

i am using Outlook express 6 ...

as headers r seen for hotmail ...

can u plz also add in ur future updates ... HEADERS for YAHOO mails ...

it could b very helpful ...

its a request ...

ax9
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby SES21 on December 6th, 2005, 11:38 pm

To ax9: Like I already told you in your other thread, this is really more a client function than a server-side (YPOPs) function so you should be thinking about finding a better client, although it's really unnatural for a POP account to only fetch headers...
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein
SES21
YPOPs! Master
YPOPs! Master

Forwarding

Postby chazchaz101 on February 10th, 2006, 4:47 pm

It would be really great if YPOP had an option to forward mail from Yahoo mail to another address.

P.S.

Is there any way to do this currently? I have a class at school where the teacher requires the students to use an email @yahoo.com and I would like to avoid having to check another webmail account in addition to the one I already have.

THanks, Chaz
chazchaz101
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby SES21 on February 10th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Currently, YP can only suck your existing Y Mail messages into your email client & most real email forwarding happens on the front side of the receiving server, not the back side after it's already been delivered to your mail account. Depending on your mail client, you may already be able to do what you want by setting up a filter/rule to forward messages received on your Y account to another email address. I'm not sure WHY you would want to do that, since it requires your messages to be in your mail client & viewable to work, but it's probably doable. I guess you could leave your mail client running & forwarding at home while you're off gallivanting & checking your mail elsewhere...
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein
SES21
YPOPs! Master
YPOPs! Master

Postby russells on February 12th, 2006, 1:38 pm

There is a product called GetMail which, when used with YPops does exactly what you want.
russells
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Feature Request: Socks5 Support

Postby GameGod on February 22nd, 2006, 6:16 pm

The newer libcurl libraries support SOCKS5 proxies. Can I please request support for this type of proxy in YPops?
In order to do this, the proxy type needs to be set as SOCKS5 via curl_easy_setopt().

Thanks.

P.S.
Reposted the request in here, as I was informed that this was the right place for it.
GameGod
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Suggestion or Question

Postby Kalina on June 10th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Will there be a smartphone Windows Mobile 5 platform available? That would be great. :twisted:
Kalina
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: What next?

Postby gjdunga on December 20th, 2008, 6:56 pm

This may sound odd,

I hate pop up windows. More so than perhaps than BSOD or even Vista!

But I do love seeing when a application is "Talking"

1) When Ypops is in the middle of a cycle it changes color or icon.
2) When Ypops is "Talking", and the mouse is hovered over the icon, it displays something like msg: 12/18 Recv... or 50% Complete. and to to what ip..
Have you read the FAQ??
Disclaimer: Im just a geek using Ypops. I'm Not a Ypops God, and your milage may vary..

Gabriel
gjdunga
YPOPs! Rookie
YPOPs! Rookie

Re: What next?

Postby NileshBhatt on December 29th, 2008, 8:46 am

YPOP is excellent so far. Just few pointers about possible improvements. Here I am adding them without categorizing them on priority like "high", "low" etc. Few of them will really not be so essential unless we are sitting idle and we don't have to do anything. :D

1. Selected message re-retriving (in case if something is not successful, for eg. text displayed as raw html)
2. A prompt for power users, which will let the users get information about the mails just like SQL prompt. For eg. "all mails on so and so date", "number of mails in this week"
3. I haven't looked into the code but I feel that performance can be further optimized.
3.1 Selected "on the fly" download. For eg if the mail contains a few MB attachment (which should be configurable), then the attachment can be downloaded on request by the user or when things are idle.
3.2 Priority based downloading. First header, then contents, then attachments etc. If everything can be in multi-threaded mode, it would add lots of sence.
4. Security enhancements for locking the configuration. (can introduce a password for changing the setttings)
5. Statistic summary about use of the Ypop. Numbers of message downloaded, sent etc.
6. Spam control at conversion level ( Seems naughty idea, isn't it? :?: )
NileshBhatt
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Previous

Return to Developers