Extract where then what

Discussion Forum for YPOPs!/Linux.

Extract where then what

Postby Worthamtx on October 27th, 2008, 9:51 am

I am a challenged 76 year old newbie for sure frustrated with the inability to use my ubuntu to download yahoo mail direct.
That being said YPOPS is indeed or sounds like a God send. However humor an old man and lets say I have downloaded
ypops-0.8.6.2_linux_x8 to my desktop. Now do I extract it first and if so I assume the path is important based on my choice like thunderbird mail or does thunderbird automatically detect after configuration. I would dearly love to hear from anyone who can address this present challenge.
Thank you
Allen

Worthamtx
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Re: Extract where then what

Postby stev_velvet on October 30th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Alenn

Everyone (almost)here has moved onto using Mozilla (developers of firefox) extensions for Thunderbird to utilise their yahoo account(s)

webmail.mozdev.org

----------
ms. stev
stev_velvet
YPOPs! Veteran
YPOPs! Veteran

Postby Worthamtx on October 30th, 2008, 1:28 pm

I can accept that, but my question is where to extract the file to and will thunderbird automatically detect YPOPS or must I do something to activate it so I may send and receive without these notices from Yahoo

Thanks
Allen
Worthamtx
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Postby tskariah on November 8th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Hi Allen,

I have compiled a FAQ for installing YPOPs! on Ubuntu here.

The instructions are ofcourse for command line installtion, but you could also use the graphical installer (synaptic package manager). If you are having trouble following the instructions or in installing it, you could contact me directly at t.skariah [at] yahoo [dot] com. I would be glad to help you.

regards,
Thomas.
tskariah
YPOPs! Newbie
YPOPs! Newbie

Return to YPOPs!/Linux